Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blogging Resolutions

After an almost-four week hiatus covering a twelve-day trip to Cambodia, Thailand and Hong Kong, a post-Christmas blizzard and New Years Eve, I'm back for the 2011 edition of Caught Looking.  While I've never been one to make concrete New Years Resolutions for myself, I'm hoping to make this blog's second calendar year even stronger than the first.  Here are my New Years Blogging Resolutions for 2011; hopefully you'll all push me to make sure I stick to the plan, and continue reading throughout the year.
  • In 2010, I posted 83 times, propped up by a number of posts I made from the World Cup in South Africa in June.  As a realistic goal given my other obligations to school, family and friends, I'm shooting for 100+ posts in 2011.  That's an average of 8.3 per month, or one every 3-4 days.  Hopefully I can blow through the century mark, though.
  • Since moving back to California in September, I've hit up games at Oracle Arena and the HP Pavilion.  In 2011, I want to visit the remaining Bay Area sports teams.  Left on my list: the Oakland Athletics, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants and San Jose Earthquakes.  I plan to get to the two baseball stadiums this spring after the season starts in April, make it to the football games after the summer when I return to school, and check out the MLS at some point in between.  While easier to achieve, I'm also committed to numerous Stanford basketball games this winter, and at least one Stanford baseball game this spring.
  • In honor of Caught Looking's one-year anniversary this April, I'm planning a site redesign complete with new content, a new look-and-feel and, most significantly, a new custom-designed logo.  I'm currently soliciting ideas / proposals, so let me know if you want to "apply" to be the unofficial blog architect come this spring.
Here's wishing you all a fantastic start to 2011.  As for me, I'm (finally) heading to the New Meadowlands Stadium to watch the Jets play the Bills this afternoon (post to come, of course), before heading back to San Jose tomorrow night.  Happy New Year!

2 comments:

WitBlip said...

I will, most obviously, accompany to any Bay Area baseball game. I'm a big believer in in-person scouting for fantasy.

Anonymous said...

If you check out an Earthquakes game, make sure to tailgate with/sit near these guys:
1906 Ultras
http://www.1906ultras.com/
The Casbah
http://www.thecasbah.org/

These are the die-hards, and they make the whole experience a lot better.