Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week in Review

One of my favorite parts of the ESPN Scorecenter application (available for both iPhone and Android) is the "My Teams" menu.  Here, you can track the most recent results from all of your favorite professional and college teams, as well as take a look at their upcoming contests.  I was playing around with my phone earlier today, when I realized that starting this Thursday I have an absolutely amazing week (plus a few days) of sports ahead.  It's a beautiful and diverse combination of games that I hope to cover extensively here at Caught Looking, but I wanted to give you a little preview first.  While each event is individually exciting, collectively they make up a monumental week in my life as a sports fan.  In fact, I can't remember a ten-day span I've been this excited about sports-wise.  Without further ado, here's what I have between now and the start of Thanksgiving week:
  • Thursday, 11/11: New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks, HP Pavilion at San Jose.  I already have my tickets and will be there in person.
  • Friday, 11/12: Rutgers @ Princeton, Jadwin Gymnasium.  Princeton hoops kicks off their season with a home game against their in-state rival.  Wish I could be there in person, but instead I'll be following online.
  • Saturday, 11/13: Stanford @ Arizona State.  When your team is ranked #6 in the BCS, every game is huge.  Must-see-TV for Saturday late afternoon (evening on the East Coast).
  • Sunday, 11/14: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants.  I'm heading up to a big Giants bar in San Francisco to watch the game with friends and fellow Bay Area Giants fans.  Cowboys games are always entertaining, but this experience should be particularly awesome.
  • Sunday, 11/14: Princeton @ Duke.  While watching the Cowboys and Giants, I'll also try and find a TV showing ESPNU to catch some of Princeton basketball's nationally televised game against the defending national champions at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
  • Monday, 11/15: San Diego @ Stanford, Maples Pavilion.  Stanford hoops kicks off the season with a home game, and I'll be there in person.  Maples is literally a two-minute walk from my room, so I hope to be there often this season.
  • Friday, 11/19: New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors, Oracle Arena.  I don't have tickets yet, but I'm hoping to grab some to see my new-look Knicks make their only trip to Oakland this season.
  • Saturday, 11/20: Stanford @ Cal.  I've always wanted to experience "The Big Game," and I'm currently in the process of getting tickets with other Stanford fans.  Assuming Stanford wins this weekend, Cal will be extra-eager to burst Stanford's BCS bowl hopes.
Pretty good, huh?  I'll be sure to keep you all posted as I make my way through this crazy ten-day stretch.  Wish me luck!

No comments: